Talk It Out
Chances are, your supervisor will be happy to give you the support you need...especially when you highlight how breastfeeding benefits the workplace. Let your supervisor know what you need and the importance of his or her support.
Important Facts For The Boss
• Breastfeeding is a temporary situation.
• Breastfeeding is healthier for moms and babies. Breastfed babies have fewer illnesses and infections and breastfeeding helps to prevent certain cancers and illnesses. This directly translates into a benefit for your boss – you will need to use fewer sick days.
• All he or she needs to do is provide you with a small private area and some flexibility regarding your breaks.
• Breastfeeding will benefit the company through lower health care costs, higher productivity, and increased job satisfaction.
• You will not take longer than necessary and will be respectful of the area.